Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Brooklyn (2015).



- Eilis: You have to think like an American. You'll feel so homesick that you'll want to die, and there's nothing you can do about it apart from endure it. But you will, and it won't kill you. And one day the sun will come out - you might not even notice straight away, it'll be that faint. And then you'll catch yourself thinking about something or someone who has no connection with the past. Someone who's only yours. And you'll realize... that this is where your life is.

- Eilis: I'd forgotten what this town is like. What were you planning to do, Miss Kelly? Keep me away from Jim? Stop me from going back to America? Perhaps you didn't even know. Perhaps it was enough for you to know that you could ruin me. My name is Eilis Fiorello.

- Tony: So this is it? This is where you live?
Eilis: Yes, and if you make one tiny noise she'll evict me.

Eilis: Oh, there's no point in worrying now. Stay with me.

- Georgina: Try and remember that sometimes it's nice to meet people who don't know your auntie.

No comments:

Post a Comment