Saturday, August 23, 2014

The Honourable Woman.

The Honourable Woman: a refreshingly plausible portrayal of the Israel-Palestine conflict:
"woman who’s learned to keep a room-temperature face even when she’s melting down internally"

"Who do you trust? How do you know? By how they appear? Or what they say what they do? We all have secrets."

"Sorry, I'm sorry, so sorry.
See, I'd die for you.
I hear you've retired.
Yep.
No car.
So I'm having to get used to just using my legs.
Looks like you need a little practice.
If I end up in a wheelchair, will you come and push me? I'll think about it.
Then I'll be breaking them both this evening.
So what are you going to do next? Apart from buying a hammer? Apart from that.
Oh, I'm up for a university chancellorship.
Where? Oxford, St Peter's.
Lovely flat.
Views over the quad.
Just the perfect weekend retreat for the high-flying female executive.
Oxford, that's not an appointment, is it? You have to get yourself elected.
Yep, I'm finally going to stand up and be counted.
Actually, I think it's between me and a guy who owns a chip shop on the high street.
Seriously? I'll never lie to you, Anji.
Never again.
Ah, well."
/The Paring Knife/
'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment